Yes swimming is fun, but it goes far beyond that! Aquatics can open up a gate of endless possibilities and help you discover a NEW WORLD! Swimming is a healthy activity that you can continue for a lifetime. It is a low-impact activity that has many physical and mental health benefits. Discover a new you by diving into the world of swimming! Check out these 6 facts that you may not know about aquatics:
- Health Benefits: The health benefits of swimming are numerous. Swimming builds endurance, muscle strength and and trains your cardiovascular system. As an added benefit, it provides a full body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
- Psychological Benefits: There are also several psychological benefits of swimming. Some of these benefits include: relaxing the mind, uplifting the spirit and releasing stress and tension.
- Recreational Benefits: Being able to swim opens up a lot of recreational possibilities that wouldn’t be safe to practice otherwise: surfing, kayaking, boat fishing, and more. Swimming is a great recreational activity itself for people of all ages. Swimming could also be used as a competitive recreational option; this is great for an individual and team competitive environment.
- Reduce Physical Impact: It is a low-impact exercise. About 90% of your body’s weight is buoyant when you swim. You are able to get a full body workout without putting strain on your joints from the impact that you would get from running or other exercises.
- Injury Rehabilitation Benefits: Swimming is a perfect option for rehabbing injuries. The low impact feature of swimming makes it an ideal activity for injured individuals. You can use swimming as your regular workout (including cardio) or you can take advantage of the wonders of aquatic therapy.
- ANYONE CAN DO IT! Swimming is an activity that individuals from all walks of life can enjoy – regardless of your fitness level, age, gender, or even disability, swimming has a benefit for you!
Discover your NEW WORLD in aquatics today!